On Wed., Jan. 15, the Self Suds Laundromat, located across from the Glenville post office, had a small fire in their establishment.
According to Martin Hess, Glenville Volunteer Fire Dept. Chief, the fire was contained to one dryer and ductwork in the building.
Chief Hess said that the Glenville Fire department and the Sandfork fire departments were on the scene within five minutes. "They did a heck of a job, and kept something that could have been very bad under control."
There was minimal water damage while putting out the fire, but the fire despartment did assist the business owners in draining the water from the floor of the laundromat.
The laundromat was already back in business by week's end.
April Marks wanted to say thank you to the Fire Department for their fast response and thorough job of putting out the fire. She confirmed Chief Hess's assesssment: "Because of this the fire was mostly contained to one dryer."
Marks also stated, “Thank you to Daniel Smith and the ladies at State Farm for helping to settle our claim so quickly. And thank you to our customers for your patience and support.”
The laundromat is open 24 hours. The office hours are Sun., Mon., Tues., Thur. and Sat. 12p.m.-7p.m., Fri. 12p.m.-4p.m., Wed. the office is closed.